Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Cowboy: Assembly Part 4, Marcus: Shading Skin 3

Today I got some putty on the Cowboy's coat join and glued on his other arm.



I also used some of the putty I had left to smooth over some of the worst rough spots I made from filing and cutting mold lines, flash, and such off the figure. We shall see if that was a good idea or not.

I need to putty the joint of his gun arm and put some pins in his feet next time. After that, he'll be ready for paint! Or, he'll be ready for the brush-on sealer that I'm going to use to smooth the remaining rough spots, and then primer. That will likely be a multi-stage project by itself, since putting primer on tends to bring out lines and rough spots you missed before. So, I will probably end up going through a few iterations of sealer, primer, then clean-up with a knife or file, or maybe just more sealer.

I also worked some on softening the shadows on Marcus here. I definitely still have some work to do on neatening up his face.



Honestly, I'm just not feeling this guy right now, so I'm having a hard time being excited about getting everything just right. It's kinda too bad, as this is an expensive figure that I'm about to do mediocre work on. But I'll probably just push through to get him finished and then focus on something else that I do feel more motivated to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment