I added shade and highlights on Set's other arm. Not a lot of progress, but some.
And, started shading on the merman soldier's tail. It's kind of messy now, but it'll get cleaned up.
I got in a fair bit of work on the merman tonight. I've got highlights on his skin and did the details on his face, and then base coated the tail and fins. I'm not sure about the color scheme; I liked it better in my head and reference photos, I think.
Started another of the merfolk today. This guy is some kind of soldier or guard. This is just a base coat on his skin; I realized after one coat that he's got a breast plate so I shouldn't have been painting that front part of his chest.
And, I got back to Set. I've put another round of shadow on the arm I'm using to test the color scheme with. I used a dark purple that usually reads as black, and I'm trying to decide if I like it or if I'd rather switch to a dark brown. I also tweaked the location of the lighter shadow, and smoothed some of the blending. Next: highlights!'
Finished up the plantar...but in kind of a hurry. She broke off the base and the wings broke off when she fell, so I had to repair that. Then I could finish painting, but she wasn't very stable so I had to do an abbreviated job. Then, she broke off the base again. I glued her back on again, but that's why she's leaning to the side so much. she didn't go back on straight.
So, the result is disappointing in the end, the lean is pretty annoying and there's definitely parts that needed more attention. But, it's as done as it's going to get.