Finished the merman today. Not my favorite of the merfolk, but it'll do.
I also got a little work in on set, shading his other leg.
I did not get as far as I'd have liked today, but he is coming along. I finished the leather straps and the spear haft, and started on the pointy bits of the spear. I was not sure about this guy early on, but I'm liking how he's turning out.
I finished up the highlight on the armor and base coated the leather and staff today. I'm waffling on making the spear head gold or not - I was going to, decided not to, now I'm thinking it might be better to do that than introduce another color.
I moved on to the merman's armor today. I still need to finish the highlights. I'm also still futzing with the tail. I glazed over the sides a little bit to focus the brightest highlights in the center. I think the scales still need some cleaning up in some spots.
I got in a fair bit of work on the merman tonight. I've got highlights on his skin and did the details on his face, and then base coated the tail and fins. I'm not sure about the color scheme; I liked it better in my head and reference photos, I think.
Started another of the merfolk today. This guy is some kind of soldier or guard. This is just a base coat on his skin; I realized after one coat that he's got a breast plate so I shouldn't have been painting that front part of his chest.
And, I got back to Set. I've put another round of shadow on the arm I'm using to test the color scheme with. I used a dark purple that usually reads as black, and I'm trying to decide if I like it or if I'd rather switch to a dark brown. I also tweaked the location of the lighter shadow, and smoothed some of the blending. Next: highlights!'
Finished up the plantar...but in kind of a hurry. She broke off the base and the wings broke off when she fell, so I had to repair that. Then I could finish painting, but she wasn't very stable so I had to do an abbreviated job. Then, she broke off the base again. I glued her back on again, but that's why she's leaning to the side so much. she didn't go back on straight.
So, the result is disappointing in the end, the lean is pretty annoying and there's definitely parts that needed more attention. But, it's as done as it's going to get.
I worked on the mer-king today. Highlighted the leather belts and bits, and base coated the gold. Forgot to shade the leather, so I'll do that next time. He's actually pretty close to done, so I imagine I will focus on him until he's finished.