So I was going to get back to my gladiator today, but this figure has been sitting over there staring a me for a while. So I decided to get back to Mary here.
I'd worked on her last back in May at Reaper, focusing on her face. Unfortunately, I failed to take adequate notes on what I was doing, so when I tried to get back to it today, I didn't do that great. I made something of a mess of her chest, and ended up decided to just deepen the shadows with the purple from her face, smooth things out a bit, and leave it at that. I also changed the shape of the highlight on her chest.
Anyway, I'll see how I feel about it next time I work on her, but I'm thinking rather than try to fix it I'm going to move on, finish this figure up, and move on to something else large scale.
Thursday, August 2, 2018
I finished off her blade today, and started on the base. I got a late start so I didn't get as much done as I'd have liked. It's just a base coat and a bit of shading on the base. There's a couple spots under the bottom edge of her cloak that I couldn't get to without getting paint all over the cloak itself. This is why I don't attach a figure to its base until both are painted anymore.