I got back to the Mer-King today, and shaded his tail. It needs highlights and some cleanup.
Also realized I forgot to put some of the fin color on the end of the tail. I'll have to remember to do that next time.
Finished highlights on the Merking's skin and did his eyes and lips. Normally after that I'd do his hair next, but...I'm not sure what I want to do with his hair. I do know what I want to do with his tail, so I put a base coat on that. Next I'll base coat the fins, because I think I might want a darker gray on the tail but I won't know for sure until I've got more color on him.
No actual painting today, but some prep work. I put together a holder to use while painting Set:
And, started building a base for a new project, which is a plantar from Loot Studios. This is just holding the bark in place. Once it's cured, I need to go back, build the spot where the figure will stand, and add additional texture and detail. I haven't decided what all I'm going to do. I might do a small stream/pond.
With the drow done, I've gotten back to the Merking. Yesterday I replaced to top part of his scepter with a piece of brass rod. It's straight(er) now, but has other issues. I will determine how/if they need to be addressed as things progress. Then tonight, I got back to working on his skin. Cleaned up the base coat post scepter replacement, and started the shading.
I also did the gap filling on Set that he needed; he's ready for paint as soon as I figure out how to put together some kind of holder for him. Also did some prep on another new project that isn't ready to be shown yet...it's a angel figure I 3-D printed.
I base coated her necklace, or at least part of it, her hair, and gave her eyebrows. The hair is still quite pale, but I think the exposure was better on the pictures today.
I'm starting to think about what color I want to use on her collar there. My first thought is red, but I've done the red/purple combo a lot. I will need to give it some thought.
I worked more on the drow tonight. I've brought up the highlights on her skin, I think as far as I'm going to. I also put in details on her face - eyes and lips. I might have some smoothing and tweaking to do; it looks smoother live than in the pictures.
I got a first round of highlights on the drow's skin. It was tricky - the first color I mixed was way too light. It was a mess. So I went over that and tried again with a mix that was closer to the base color. This was much better. It needs more highlight, but it's clear that's going to be a slow process.
I also put a base coat on the mer-king's skin.
Finished clean up on Set's base today. It looks pretty much the same as it did last time, so for photos today I put Set on there to show what it'll look like, composition-wise. Next, Set needs some gap filling...which I should have done before priming him. Then I have to figure out how to get him on a holder for painting.
I also got shading on the drow's skin:
And, got primer on my next project, the Merfolk King.
Finished up the Warsong Revenant today.
Wow, he took a long time. I'm reasonably pleased with the results, though. Don't love the purple; should have gone with something else there. There's also bits of cleanup I could do here and there, but I really want to move on to other projects. So, it's fine.
I continued on with the Revenant today. Finished up the branches, mostly finished the bug (he's got little claws and a tail I have to do yet), and, since I had some time left after that, base coated the eggs. I decided to try a very light green. I'm not convinced; I might switch it to a darker but still light green, more like the vines on the base.