Sunday, June 14, 2020
Saturday, June 13, 2020
Interlude: Baby Dragon
I wanted to work on something today, but I was pretty tired so I didn't want to work on something I would need to really focus on. I went to my bin of old pre-primed minis and pulled out this baby dragon:
He's mostly done. I need to finish the spines on his back and of course the base, and that'll be it for this little guy.
Monday, June 8, 2020
Finished up the display base for the Amazons today. Here's the final product, complete with the Amazons!
Sunday, June 7, 2020
I painted the rocks and pillars on the base today, and added a bunch of moss, grass, leaves, and flowers. After the glue has dried I'll paint the foliage some, and then I think this will be done.
Saturday, June 6, 2020
Finished up Ywain today.
I could have done better on the cloak, I think. But it'll do. Another note on the cloak: there's a sizable gap, close to 1/8", on the shoulder between the main cloak piece and the small piece that goes around the front of his neck. I saw the gap, and left it. Why? Well, you don't really see it unless you look real close. If this had been a competition piece, it would have had to be fixed.For a gaming piece, it's fine. Sometimes good enough is...good enough.
I also got some more done on the display base.
I'll finishing painting the rocks and rubble, then put in some grass and moss and such.
Friday, June 5, 2020
Ywain: Cloak. Base: Ground and Ruins.
I did some more shading on Ywain's cloak tonight and got it glued in place. I still need to highlight the cloak, do a little touch up, and finish the base. I might get him done tomorrow.
I also got in some work on the base. I put down the texture paste and put the ruins and rocks in place. Tomorrow I'll spray prime the whole thing. I might get some black paint on the edges and the slots for the figures.
Thursday, June 4, 2020
Ywain: Base. Base: Layout.
I wasn't up for detail work tonight, so I started with painting the sand part of Ywain's base.
I also primed, base coated, and did some basic shading on his cloak. I'll show that when it's attached. I'm trying to paint all the parts of the cloak that will be hard to get to once it's glued on, and as much of the rest of it as I can as I am pretty confident it'll pop off with minimal effort, even after gluing.
Then I switched to doing layout of the Amazon display base. I want a 'ruin temple' sort of thing. I found a piece of aquarium terrain that was just a couple of beat up pillars; it cost me about $3. My husband helped me break it into chunks, and that's what I'm using. I'm pretty happy with it.
Next step will be to cover the base in texture paste and embed the pillar chunks. I'll add some regular rocks as well.
Monday, June 1, 2020
Ywain: Spear. Base: Edging.
Did Ywain's spear today.
That's not much progress on him, but it's because I also worked on the display base. These pictures show the trimming of the edges and the paper wrapping the back and sides.
Next step for him will be doing some layout of the stuff I want to put on the base. I want to have that all figured out so that when I put the textured paste over the foam, I can set the bits into it.
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)