Monday, March 20, 2017

Jeannie: Flames

Got back to OSL practice with Jeannie today. I painted the ball of flame and then just started laying out roughly where I think the light from that flame would go and at what intensity. It still needs a lot of work. I don't think I quite have all the light placement right yet, either.



This is a somewhat helpful trick for OSL - shine a light on the figure from the direction of the light source, It's not perfect - the sculpted light source will itself block some of it, though I suppose that just means the shadow placement will tell you something about where the light might go. The flashlight is probably also putting out a wider beam that the source would. However, it's still helpful for visualizing where the light would go, just don't use it as gospel.


What it tells me is I should think about broadening the lighted area across her breasts, and also bring some of the light on to other leg. However, the light source on the figure may not be giving off as strong a light as my flashlight is, so I may choose not to carry the lighting effect that far.

No comments:

Post a Comment