Sunday, January 10, 2021

Drusil: Metal Highlights, Robe Basing. Tower.

 I got highlights onto the metal bits on Drusil today, cleaned it up a bit more, was still not entirely pleased with it, but decided to move on. Perhaps once more of it is done, I'll have a better sense for what else, if anything I want to do with the metal.

I got a full base coat on to her robe. I have to start thinking about when to attach her other arm. I think I'll probably shade and highlight the area under it, then prime and paint up the underside of the arm, then finish the rest of the robe.



This is not going to be a figure that photographs well. The red is more saturated in person, and the metals have more shine.

Yesterday I was working on my clock tower. I finished applying bricks to the central form, and then put some paste I have over them to fill in the gaps between and look like grout/caulk. Then I cut the top of the central form off, built the top chunk out of the building out of foam core and hot glue, and started adding the wooden framing on the outside.

Here it is with all the bricks.


And here's the top part of the building laid in place. It's not attached yet. I'll talk later about how I'm going to attach it. 

The wider 'boards' around the outside edge of the building are glued in place. The smaller inner boards are not yet glued; I've been playing with layouts to see what will look good. I think I'm going to go with what I've got there. The clock will go in the square in the middle.




No comments:

Post a Comment