Saturday, September 12, 2020

Druanti: Leg, back piece

I got back to Druanti today. I was hoping to get far enough to glue the back piece in place. Didn't quite make it, sadly. I got highlights on his leg armor and started coloring the inside of the leaf mail skirt.



Here's the mail skirt interior. I also have a picture with it just friction fit against the rest of him, just to show what it will look like. I need to do some shading and highlighting on it first, though.



It took me a few tries to get a set of colors I liked. At first I had some green at the top, but decided that wasn't working, so shifted everything to just yellow, orange, and red. Then I fought with which yellows and oranges to use, as the first ones I'd picked out where frustratingly transparent. I also tried both putting the different colors just in bands across, then picking out specific leaves, before finally getting to a look I was happy with. So, there was a lot of experimentation before I finally settled on something. I like it, though. I think it'll work out. 

Oh, I also painted the base while I was waiting for paint on the other pieces to dry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment