Monday, September 13, 2021

Sorcerer: A Thing That Didn't Work

 I got back to the sorcerer today, starting to shade his cloak. It did not go well. Sticking with the idea of using all the Scale 75 paints, I mixed the reddish-purple color I had used to block in shadows before putting the figure together with the base teal, and got a slightly purple-ish gray. I was dubious, but went with it. It got chalky and pale as it dried. When I went back with the straight-red purple, it was quite clear it just wasn't going to work. So, I'm going to go back over everything with the base coat and change my shadow color. It won't be one of my new paints, but so be it. I'm probably going to switch to a dark blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment