Today was shading and highlights on the staff, boots, and hair, and I also painted the scroll.
I did a lot of futzing with the brown areas. I used a couple more of the Scale 75 paints for the highlights, but the color wasn't quite what I wanted. The first round of highlights was a very warm brown, and the second was a much more desaturated, cool brown. I didn't have much hope it'd play well together and give the overall look I wanted, and I was not wrong. So, I ended up doing a couple glazes over it to get more of the tone I wanted and also to reduce the area of the first highlight. It's still not as good as it would have been if I'd used my usual colors for brown-that-reads-as-black, but it's better than it was originally.
Next I'll work on the golds, which I think will make a big difference.