Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Painted Sword & Railing

 I meant to just do a bit on the cathedral base and then switch to painting an actual mini, but...it didn't go that way. I textured the railing and painted the sword instead. The good news is, for now the base is done. I could clean up the black edging maybe, but I'll probably have to do more of that once more is glued in place, so I'm going to wait and do it all at once.

Here it is without the railing, so you can see the sword. I did not do a stellar job on this NMM, as it's not going to be very visible anyway.


And here's with the railing dry fit in place. I don't love the difference in texture between the wall and the railing, but I'm not sure what to do about it. I could have speckled the railing with paint instead, but I'm not sure that would have been better, just different in a different way.


I'm definitely going to have to putty the bottom of the balusters when they are fixed in place, so there will be some repainting around there when that happens. But in the meantime, I need to focus on the figure for a while.

I'm also starting to wish I'd painted that frame for the window black.

No comments:

Post a Comment