Friday, April 23, 2021

Jack: Jacket

 I painted the border on Jack's lapels, and tried adding stripes to the jacket. I like the stripes, but have concerns. For starters, getting them oriented correctly, straight and parallel, is going to be a real problem. There are no straight lines on this figure, so I don't have any references I can use to keep things straight. I have a hard time making things straight and parallel when I do have a reference, so this is...probably not going to work. I'm also starting to have concerns about whether any of this suits the look and feel of the sculpt. I'm afraid it might look too modern and be lacking the proper sense of darkness.

I'm having a lot of creative issues with this figure. I think I have to decide if I'm going to continue on this path and see where it ends up, understanding that the end result may not (probably wont) be what I wanted,  or set it aside and rethink the entire concept. It's an expensive figure to screw up...but on the other hand....well....I have a lot of figures, and it's all a learning experience whether it comes out well or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment