Sunday, April 11, 2021

Ban-Luca, skin, hair. Tower.

Today I switched to Ban-Luca. I finished her skin and face, and did her hair as well. Then I remembered that I needed to prep the bits that need to be pinned on, so I did that.



I also started work on my second clock tower. I cut bricks last weekend. Today I put together the inner support and started gluing the bricks on.

I am making the bottom section of the tower a little larger. I also used my new tabletop hot wire cutter to make the bricks, which gave me more consistently sized bricks. Put together, they are both a good and bad thing. The more consistent sizing is nice, but between that and the different tower size, getting the bricks to line up right is more of a challenge. With the last tower, I had a wide variety of brick lengths to use to line up correctly. It was just a matter of finding the right set of bricks for each row. With the more consistently sized bricks, there aren't as many options. With the larger tower, the bricks aren't quite the right lengths to get around the base without adding in some small chunks, as you can see in the picture. Even with that, I've got some vertical seams that are too close together. So, this stage is turning out to be a little more fiddly than the last one. I didn't do anything specific to get the bricks sized to line up on the last tower; I just got lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment