Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Abdel: Rethinking colors. Bombshell Babe Relic #4.

Today I went back and tweaked the colors on Abdel just a bit.



I've switched to a less saturated orange, and moved to more of a beige than yellow (though on the figure it still looks pretty yellow). I don't love it yet, but this is better. A little less painful to look at.

I also started a figure from the Box of Pre-Primed Minis. This is Relic #4 from the Bombshell Babes kickstarter (the first one).



She had seriously fuzzy primer and a lot of scratches from when I cleaned her up. I put on a couple coats of brush-on sealer to try to reduce all that. In any case, this is a pretty simple sculpt that shouldn't take long to paint up. I'd been thinking about trying zenithal priming once again with this figure, but then I realized she's not going to have much that's that interesting going on with her shadows and highlights because she's so simple - no drapery or anything like that. So I'll save that experiment for another day, and just paint this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment