Sunday, January 13, 2019

Relic: Skin, Hair, Clothes. Class minis.

I've been having a problem with motivation the last couple days. The pieces I have in progress just aren't appealing to me, so I'm not feeling all that interested in working on them. So, I'm going to treat Relic like a speed paint exercise, and try to do adequate quality as quickly as I can. I was going to try to finish her all at once this afternoon, but I got a late start and then had to stop early. So, I'll try to get her done with one more sitting.



I'm not sure what I'm going to do with Abdel. I might try to push through, or I might change up his color scheme to something I like better - yes, I was using colors outside my comfort zone on purpose as a personal challenge, but it's not useful if it translates to not working on him at all. 

The other thing I worked on today was starting a set of figures I'm going to use as demo pieces in a class I'm prepping for next ReaperCon. In time, it will become clear what the class is about.


2 comments:

  1. Long time lurker, first time poster :)

    I've got a couple of Black Mist minis I use for testing out techniques/things to lear/hey I wonder if.... There's enough different things, angles, and curves that it's a great learning mini.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I've used it before in classes and other demos. It's simple enough that there's not a ton of detail you have to worry about, and the coat is a nice big surface with enough folds to do something with but not so many of them that it gets over-complicated.

      Delete