Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Karzoug: Robes

I put the deeper shadow and some highlights on his robe. I dunno, I'm not loving it. That patch of shadows below his knees is a little muddy. I haven't finished the highlights  - they need to be smoothed and brightened. But I'm really wondering if I'm going to right direction with this.

Had more success with tree-making over the weekend. I put some heavy gel on the trunk, wrapped it with gauze, then put more gel on top of that and over the wire branches. There are definitely some flaws; the diameter of the trunk and the branches is out of proportion. Also, the gel surface is a bit rougher than it should be in some places. But for a first try, I don't think it's too bad. Next one, I'm going to try using foam as the basis for the trunk, try to make the top look like it's broken off, and try to fix the proportion problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment