Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Not my best steel ever.

So, I finished the highlighting on the blade of the sword. Also did the first couple rounds of highlights on the gold, but that still has a ways to go. I may need to brighten back up the recessed parts of those bracers, too. I wanted to shade them down, but maybe not that much. Now it looks like the filigree is on top of another material. That wouldn't be bad, if it had been what I was going for. It wasn't. I'll probably finish the highlighting and see how I like the look, then decide.

He's got a few jewels, too. They'll be red, like the sash. There are no jewels sculpted on his necklace, but I'm going to paint red jewels on to the three large pendants to carry the red color up to his face. Maybe should have made his eyes red too, but I don't think I'm going to go back and change that.





No comments:

Post a Comment