Saturday, July 11, 2020

Deck: Done! Kay: Face, Tunic.

I finished up the platform today. Here's what it looks like all painted:


Here's how it looked before paint. I'm showing both the top and the bottom, so you can see how it's built.



Here it is next to the foam one I made a couple weeks ago. The new one looks better, but it was definitely more work to build, too. I might make another foam one and see about doing a better job on carving the planks. 


To make sure I got the corners right, I borrowed an idea from my woodworker husband and made a jig. A jig is just a tool to help perform a repeated task consistently. In this case, it was a frame I could use to hold the pieces while I was gluing them to make sure they were at the right angle.


After I finished all that, I got some work in on Kay. I finished her face, did her tunic, and then started base coating a couple areas to do a color check. I think I have a couple adjustments to make, but it's close to what I want.



1 comment: