Saturday, July 4, 2020

Back!

I've mostly been working on a commission for the last couple weeks. It's almost done now, so I should be back to my own projects in a day or two.

I've spent a little time working on other things...well, this one other thing. I wanted to make a raised platform for the gladiator game I'm playing. Thought of a couple different ways to do this, and started with the one I had all the stuff for, which was just to make it out of a block of foam:


They are adequate, but could be better. I forgot to put board lines on the sides. I also should have put some end-of-board breaks, but forgot. Still, for a first attempt, it's not awful. I may try again to see if I can do better. I also have a second method I want to try, which is basically just to build it out of coffee stir sticks.

Once I finish off my commission, this is my next small scale piece. It's Kay, my character for the Reaper Errant D&D game I've started participating in. It's on Reaper Miniature's YouTube channel if you are curious.



I've cleaned her up, glued her to a base, and put some texture paste on to blend in with her integral base.

No comments:

Post a Comment