Sunday, April 2, 2017

Diorama: Base

I got in to the diorama's base today. I wanted to figure out how to put some grooves in the base to look like stone blocks, and how to put some chips and irregularities into the edges. For the grooves, I used a dead ball point pen. It made a line by compressing the fibers without cutting them, so it didn't leave behind messy bits. (Also learned that running a dead pen over wood really hard will apparently get it working again. Go figure.)

The breaks in the edge I did with a file, then used to sandpaper to soften the edges. Over all, I'm pretty happy with the physical texture. The paint still needs work. I want to put in some speckling and color variation, for starters. The paint lines also need some cleaning up, which I may or may not do since this is a practice piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment