I finished the stone effect on the base. Happily, the speckling didn't take nearly as long as I expected. I think it was 2 - 3 hours. As expected, applying the glaze after was maybe 15 minutes. I'm really quite happy with the end result.
So, moving on. Next will be putting together the throne and painting it. I set the pieces together to see what the fit was like and what cleaning and filling would be needed.
That looks like a lot of filling - the joins where the back and bottom meet, as well as that weird straight groove flaw in the back. Except, someone is going to be sitting on the throne, which means part of this may be hidden. Let's see how much.
Looks like that bit on the back will be hidden, but not so much the join between the back and bottom. I'll still have some filling to do. However, first I noticed this:
The back piece was warped, meaning it wouldn't sit flat against the back wall like I want. Resin can be reshaped somewhat if it's heated, though, so I put the piece in very hot water for a few minutes, then put it under weights to try to flatten it. It definitely helped. I'm letting it sit without weight for a day or so to see if it re-bends or if it holds straight. If it re-bends, I'll do the same treatment again until the straightening takes.
I also noticed that the bottom piece of the throne is canted slightly - rather than the sides going up square, they're at a slight angle. I don't think it will show once everything is in place, so I'm not going to try to fix it. I'm not sure I could fix it without damaging the thing anyway.