Thursday, February 2, 2017


Finished up the lady - completed the freehand, and then put in the lines for the woven texture.

I don't think this experiment was particularly successful. I'm not sure why. I think possibilities include:

  • Scale - this is a small figure, so it could be that the lines I made for the texture are too far out of scale.
  • I tried a couple of different ways to do the lines - solid lines going across the whole length of her skirt, short lines in offset rows - but neither looked quite right. Might need to do something different with that.
  • Line color - the lines fade in to the background in some spots, and stand out too much in others.
So, this is a technique that I need to keep working on. I clearly haven't gotten it yet.

But hey, this figure is done!

No comments:

Post a Comment