I haven't posted for a while, but I have been working on things in bits and drabs. For starters, I did a bit more on the base. I glued the pack and accessories into place. Then I remembered I was going to put some ferns on there, so I did that, too.
The fern is laser cut paper. They start out like this:
And then you curl them; I did it by rolling them over the handle of a paintbrush. Then I painted them. Gluing them on to the base was the hardest part. I used white glue and had to hold them in place for quite a while. But, I'm happy with the result.
Then I got back to my principle characters. In particular, the ranger. I finished her hair and started on the armor.