Thursday, January 18, 2024

New projects: Ur-kek. Lucifer.

Starting up a couple of new projects. I haven't forgotten Zora, I just haven't felt like working on her either.

Anyway, first is Ur-Kek, another Arena Rex figure. Obviously, he's missing some pieces that will have to be painted separately and attached later.


Next is a color test. I 3d printed an angel figure from Loot Studios. It's huge; I'm not sure how I'm going to get pictures of him. He's got 6 wings, and I'm working on color schemes. These are some color tests for the wings.



The first one is Reaper Pure Black with some highlights on it that don't show up at all. The second one is Musou Black, which is one of the ultra black paints, with a few different highlight colors.

It's hard to describe just how much blacker than regular black paint Musou Black is. It is very matte, very dark, and has this lovely velvety quality. Since this dude's an otherworldly creature, I'm going to try the Musou Black for his wings. It might be a very bad decision, as Musou Black also makes the colors around it appear in unexpected ways. I'm going to try it. Worst case, I have to print another set of wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment