Sunday, September 11, 2022

Base: Greenery. Set: Head, arm shading.

 I started with the base today. I added some plants, and another layer of water effect. I need to finish painting the plants. Then probably I will add some leaf scatter on the bottom, then place the figure and see what more I want to add at that point. I'll definitely add some moss in a number of places.

Once I added the water, I set it aside to cure and worked on Set. I got a base coat on his head and his other hand (not shown), and then started shading one arm. Since I'm  not sure how my plan for his skin is going to work, I'm going to go through the whole thing on one part and see how it goes. So far, so good...but it's messy, and needs a lot of cleanup. My go-to dark brown was not very cooperative today. I was putting it on like a shadow, but being particularly broad with the application because I want it to read more as the main color. I'm going to add some more shadow, then work on cleanup and blending as I move into the highlights.

No comments:

Post a Comment