Sunday, March 22, 2020

Interlude: Statues (9!)

So while I am socially distancing, I am playing a game of Arena Rex remotely with a friend of mine. I'm tracking the map, and we're texting moves and rolls back and forth. I just drew hazards in to the map when we started, but I decided I'd take the opportunity to make some actual terrain pieces for it.

These are statues from the Reaper Bones 4 kickstarter. I don't think they've been released yet.

They were a quick paint - I started with the airbrush, then finished it off with a wash, some detailing of the cracks, and a bit of a drybrush to pick out the edges. It's gaming terrain, so it doesn't have to be super artistic. It's not what I was picturing, but I took advantage of some happy accidents and I'm reasonably happy with the result.






The map also includes some spiked columns, so I started on those. A building project! I wanted to work on building things this year. Here's my start.


It's just foam with some wood grain traced in and then ends of toothpicks for the spikes. So, a simple building project, but you gotta start somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment