So, in the name of finishing off projects I've started in the past few months, I got back to Goremaw today.
I wanted to use a darker purple between the ridges, and get rid of the orange I'd tried to airbrush on. To do that, it was back to the airbrush. I went in with a darker purple, and brought that color out a little farther on the ridges. Then I did another coat of the teal to cover up the orange and clean up where I got too much purple.
I also base coated the belly panel in purple. I'd wanted to use a different color there than I did on the mouth, but I didn't have any better ideas, so I went with that.
After I was done with all the airbrush stuff, I went in by hand and did highlighting on the belly panel, added the orange stripe on a couple of the back plates, and put some purple shading in the grooves.
Next, I think I'm going to do highlights on the panels where I have the orange and the rest of the area around his mouth. I'd like to finish those completely, so that I can see how it's going to look all done. Then I'll continue going on down along the body with the orange stripe, shading, and highlights.