Sunday, June 30, 2019


I have a sore shoulder that was acting up today, and since I plan to do a lot of painting over the 4th of July weekend I wanted to rest it today. So, I did not paint at all. However, I still did some hobby stuff that's worth mentioning.

For starters, I prepped my ReaperCon class minis.

I also spent some time doing some mock layout for the diorama I'm going to start up sometime soon. I'm pretty bad at scene composition, so one of the things that helps me in the early planning stages is to do a mock layout. It helps me size the piece correctly, and plan out what will go where, what the viewing angles will be, and so on. It's not perfect, but it gives me better results than if I'd tried to build it on the fly.

The idea here is that most of the dragon is hidden in a big pile of treasure, a la the Hobbit. That's the dragon head stuck to the blue blob. His eye and some of the jaw should be showing. The adventurer is moving along, but the dragon's tail has draw his attention...which the dragon is using as a lure to attract and distract prey, like an anglerfish.

I don't expect to make real fast progress on this right now - this is an 'I'd like to get it done by ReaperCon', whereas I have other things that are 'I must get this done by ReaperCon'. But it's something I can putter with on and off for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment