Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Lanaerel: Sleeves, leggings, cloak. Also, new projects.

First, an update on Lanaerel. I shaded and highlighted his sleeves and leggings. Then I kinda stalled. I wasn't feeling real motivated. Somebody suggested a try doing a tartan type thing for his cloak, and that sounded interesting. I looked for some potential color schemes and patterns, and after a few minutes with Google I settled on this guy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regional_tartans_of_Canada#/media/File:Tartan_of_Nova_Scotia.png

So I've re-based his cloak with what I see as the base color for the pattern, or at least something like it. This also serves as a color check to make sure the color will be OK. It'll be a little less strident once the pattern is on, but this will still be the main cloak color.



Ladies and gentlemen, we are in Saturated Land. It's definitely not a color scheme I'd normally use, but that's why I'm sticking with it. Probably next I'll go back and finish off the browns, and then come back to the cloak.

I also spent some time prepping my next two projects. Marcus here is the next of my Arena Rex gladiators. I'm not going to make that much of a dent in my collection this year, but I'm going to keep trying.




And this is Bonaccia from Freebooter minis. She's from my box of pre-primed figures, most of which I spray-primed years ago. In general, these minis aren't cleaned up as well and many have grainy primer. I prepped them a long time ago, at a time when I was using spray primer a lot so I'd prime a bunch of stuff before winter so I'd have plenty to work on while using spray paint wasn't a likely thing. At the time, I wasn't doing as good a job at cleaning up my figures. So now, most of these are in the 'speed paint' category - things to do just for fun, with low expectations. That being said...she does look like fun.




No comments:

Post a Comment