Saturday, April 11, 2015

Karzoug: Done! Probably.

Finished the highlights on his  red robe, did the cleanup I needed to do on him. So, I think he's done now. I'll take another look tomorrow and make sure, then start putting sealer on him. He doesn't get a number yet because I still have to base him.

Speaking of his base, I started on the candles that will go on the base. I'm only showing one, but there are two. I need to smooth the gold on the underside of the holder.

Also started on the other project I'm going to try to get done for ReaperCon. That means I don't have a lot of time to finish it, so I can't practice everything - I'm just going to have to do it and hope for the best. It's unlikely I'll get it finished, but I'm going to try.

Here's the base itself. The tree is going to go on top of the 'rocks' to give it a little additional height.

And, the tree I'm working on. This one uses foam for the core, I've built up wire for the branches. Also got a different paste to cover it - I'm hoping the opaque stuff will be easier to cover with paint. I'm going to put another two, maybe three branches on it, and build up the top more so the top isn't so flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment