Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Balon's eyes and pants

I did his eyes so I wouldn't be getting that zombie stare anymore. Dude has some tiny eyes. They're also set pretty deep, which does not help. I may have to do some more work on them. They look fine to my old person eyes without magnification, but have some issues in the close ups from some angles.



I also decided on a color scheme, I think. You can see I did his pants and boots. They're the same off-black; the pants are pretty well hidden anyway so there's no point in making them a different color. I took that hint from the model piece on the Dark Sword web site. I put a base coat on his shirt. It's a little hard to see because it's very similar to the primer color. Anyway, it's going to be gray. The tabard will be a greyish green, and the cloak is going to be either a dark purple-ish gray or a darker green. The only thing I haven't figured out yet is what color his hair is going to be. Usually I'd do the hair before the clothing, but in this case I don't want to choose a hair color until I see the rest of it come together.

1 comment:

  1. The eyes look good. The first picture looks like he's about to lecture me about how much he disapproves of my life choices.

    ReplyDelete