Thursday, September 12, 2024

Bases!

 I worked on a couple of bases tonight. Went back to the big desert base and added some lining and rough shading around the carvings and in some of the spots between bricks and rocks. I was not super careful with this. Then I did some edge highlights and stippled some of the lighter color on the stone. I like it much better now. Probably should edge the square stones, though.

The areas with the carving ended up looking like there's some other substance there that has worn away. Wasn't was I was intending, but I like it.



Also worked on this. This base will go with a drow figure I'm prepping. The figure will cover most of it. I didn't have a lot of ideas for a scenic base that would be appropriate - she's just not a 'standing on grass' kind of model. So I went with something that isn't trying to be an environment. The figure is going to end up covering a lot of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment