I worked on Ronso's braids tonight, adding shading and highlighting. I also put a base coat for gold on the beads at the end of the braids.
I've also been working on another building. This is a prototype to check for scale and experiment with different ways to deal with some of the rest. It's meant to be a townhouse.
The bay window section needs to be wider and the space left of it smaller. I experimented with different materials and widths for the siding, and I've settled on 1/4" wide cardboard. Technically to be in scale it should be narrower. I tried some 1/8" strips, but it gets really hard to overlap correctly.
If you're curious, the top row is popsicle sticks, plasticard under that, and then two widths of cardboard. I could also try coffee stirrers, which are thinner and narrower than popsicle sticks.