Saturday, May 18, 2019

Kalee: Armor

I've been away for a while, working on commissions. Today was a brief stop between commission projects - I was doing prep and cleanup on the next one, so it needs to sit for a while for putty to cure before I can start with paint. Probably tomorrow I will be back on that piece, and this blog will go quiet for a while again.

But in the meantime, I worked on Kalee. I've highlighted her armor and put some shadow on the leather bits. It looks a little weird because I placed the highlights for the armor for a overhead front source, but the lighting in the light booth is more from the sides, so the painted highlights and the reflections from the metal flake are fighting.

There's a reason NMM photographs better.

Anyway, she's mostly done. I need to finish the leather, do the steel bits, then her shield and the base. So, it's still a few sessions of work.



1 comment: