Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Jynx: Jacket, spell

I'm feeling a need to get something finished, so I went back to Jynx tonight. I put highlights on her jacket, and then worked on the spell effect and its lighting. The results are...not terribly effective.



So, I think the lighting effect is OK on the jacket and the skirt, but not so much on her face and hair. I think there are a few reasons for this:

1. The skin color on her face is very light, when the light itself needs to be the light thing.
2. The saturation of the hair is fighting with the purple lighting.
3. The lighter colors I'm using for the lighting effect don't keep the saturation, so the purple tones get lost in some of the highlight areas.

At this point, I could try to go back and fix it by getting rid of the lighting effect, or maybe changing the hair and skin colors to make them darker. I'm probably not going to...I'm probably going to muck with the light effect a bit more, but then finish the figure and move on. It was an experiment, I have learned some things from it, and having an example of something that didn't work is also useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment