Thursday, October 27, 2016

ReaperCon Roundup

ReaperCon 2016 has come and gone. Went, had a good time. In the competition, Takhi got a gold and the diorama got a silver. Both are what I expected.

While I was there, I painted this guy (16!):



He's another Bones figure for gaming.

I also started this one, meaning to practice some OSL. Didn't get real far at the con and want to move on to other things now that I'm home, so I'm finishing him up quick and dirty, but with the OSL. This is with maybe 4-5 hours of work. I need to do the belt and mess with the orange a bit, then do the base, and he'll be done. Blends are not exactly smooth and I'm not sure I'm happy with the OSL effect or not. I decided to go with a pretty stark look to the OSL, and I think some parts carry it off better than others.




No comments:

Post a Comment