Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Finally back

Yes, there hasn't been much posting going on. Shortly after I got back from Origins, some family issues cropped up. That will continue to limit my painting/posting time for a few more weeks, most likely.

I have worked on Nandi's hair a bit. I glazed it darker, then decided it lost the red cast that I wanted, so I glazed it back redder again in the mid-tone areas. Then I started on the highlights. I'm pretty happy with how it looks in front, but less than thrilled with that highlight across the back. I think I might have also made it too light and lost that darkness in Nandi's hair from the show. I may glaze it back down. I may also just smooth it up a bit, probably brighten up that highlight on the crown of her head a bit more, and move on.



No comments:

Post a Comment