Sunday, November 23, 2014

Copper: Base Coat

Put the copper base coat on this guy. Not a huge difference between the red and green sides once there's a solid base coat of copper paint on. I think the red side is a bit brighter, and the green side has...I'm not sure how to put it. The shadowed areas seem a bi darker/duller. Or it might be my imagination. However, there's a big difference in how much effort it took to do that base coat. The red side took two coats, and I might have been able to get away with one. The green has about 3, and in a few spots green still shows through (No, I don't mean those very green spots on the back of his belt. Those are just pouches and things that I didn't bother covering.)

The blade of the sword had no base coat on it, and you can just make out a couple spots where the coverage isn't all it should be. I'll go back and hit that again once it's had some time to dry; I ran out of time to wait for it.



No comments:

Post a Comment