Friday, March 28, 2014

Based hair and dress

I've put a base coat on the elf's hair and dress. The dress is just preliminary; I wanted to see what the color palette would look like. In the process, I also found that the lining that I did wasn't really sufficient. There are a couple places, like where the dress meets her legs, where there's a pretty deep valley that I though I had filled in with a dark color...but it isn't. It doesn't really show unless you get in there very close and at just the right angle, but if you do that it's pretty apparent. Also, getting to all the bits of the dress without slopping on to other parts of the figure is very tricky. I also learned that her hair has a ton of tiny nooks and crannies. I'm not sure yet that there isn't something I missed.

So...she's gonna be a bit of a challenge.



While I was at it, I worked on shading the shadow sister's skin and lining around it.



No comments:

Post a Comment