Saturday, July 15, 2017

Back from WME

World Model Expo was great. Busy, tiring, but great. I took some classes, saw some friends, and this happened:


That's a bronze for the diorama. Considering the level of competition, I'm very happy with that.

I have some commissions to work on for a while, so posts will be fewer for a few weeks. But I do intend to get back to finishing things that I left half done to concentrate on the diorama. It'll also be time to start on my ReaperCon piece soon. Here's a preview of that:


That's just the start of layout. It's going to be the dancing girl on some kind of cobblestone or maybe dirt street, with a bowl for collecting coins. I need to cut the base off her and get a bowl. That one came from the Twisting Catacombs scenery kickstarter, but it's too big. The thing has a diameter wider than her hips! So, I'll need to sculpt a bowl, probably. I also need to decide if that's the right size base.

No comments:

Post a Comment