Monday, January 2, 2017

Lem, Lady: Skin

I was going to work on Skarre's hair today, but she sustained some last minute kitten damage and I had to glue one of her horns back on. So, I put her up for the glue to set, and went to work on the skin and faces of Lem and the Lady.

Lady first: she has the tiniest eyes I have seen on a figure at this scale in a long time, possibly ever. I don't think I have any hope of actually getting eyeballs in there; her left eye is particularly difficult as it's just a slit with a lid. So, I'm going to use something an illustrator told me once: in illustration, they don't fill in eye details at this scale. So for her, I'm not going to. Her face will look a little odd, but since her primary purpose is practicing fancy cloth texture, I don't care. At least, I don't care enough to spend a lot of time futzing with her eyes. i probably will clean up a bit around her lips, though. Next for her will be her hair and maybe the top part of her headdress. After that I'll get into the dress itself.



Also, Lem. In contrast to the Lady, Lem has HUGE eyes. Thanks to Derek Schubert, who sculpted this guy. Plenty of space to put in an iris, pupil, and the catchlight. I didn't get my catchlights even, which makes him look like he's looking in two different directions. I'm not going to fix it for a gaming piece. Next for him will also be his hair.


No comments:

Post a Comment