Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Takhi: Face

Got back to Takhi today, as you can see. Did something unusual for me. Typically at this point I would have put highlights over all his skin and then finished the details on his face after that. Today, I wanted to give him some more oomph, so I finished off his whole face, highlights and details. I'll go back and highlight the rest of him next time.




I'm not thrilled with his eyes. I find when you put colors in the eyes the color you choose is very important. Too dark, too light, not saturated enough, and it won't show up. I tried a few different colors - red, orange, yellow - and ended up back at red, but the eyes still aren't showing up as much as I'd like. I might revisit them, or once I get his fur painted it might change the look.

No comments:

Post a Comment