Wednesday, March 2, 2016

2!

Been working on commission stuff mostly. I'm hoping to wrap that up this week and get back to Tahki full time.

However, I did do this:





That's Jaheda completed on her base, ready to go to Adepticon. I'd meant to show the intermediate steps, but it all kinda happened at once. Not the fanciest base ever, but it'll do.

The weird texture on her right is meant to be a tank track. It's not as sharp as I'd like, but again, it'll do. Here's how I did it.


That's my favorite sandy paste, with a couple chunks of cork in it for the rocks. Then, on the side I put a tank tread from a GW Imperial Guard tank. I covered it with some Vaseline so it would come free after the paste dried. That worked pretty well. I think the reason the pattern came out a bit muddled was because I had too much Vaseline on the tread.

No comments:

Post a Comment