While I didn't do much in the way of updates this week, it doesn't mean I wasn't doing anything(this time). I've been continuing prep work on various projects, which has been going slow and leaving things in a not terribly interesting state. I think I'm mostly through that stage now, so perhaps tomorrow there will be a better post.
In the meantime, I've put some of Himoko's separate bits on her. The ones that aren't attached yet are her hands and swords, which will definitely be in the way of painting the rest, so they will go on after everything is done. This is her with some green stuff I used to smooth out a couple of lines, voids, and spots where I broke the resin. Next, she'll need primer.
The plinth for Freya is ready:
So today I started working on the basing. I used some Sandy Paste with a bit of brown paint mixed in as the 'mortar' for my brick. Then I put in the tiny bricks with some scattered clumps of grass between them to try to make it look like an old path that's in disrepair. I'm not sure if it's effective or not. Also, totally should have looked up brick patterns before starting.
I'll probably paint the sides along side the brick path a bit darker and then cover it with grass and wild flowers. I might paint the brick some, too. Probably should have tried breaking a couple of them up. Anyway, hopefully it'll get finished up in the next day or two.