Sunday, May 17, 2015

Ranger: Eyes, Hair. Base: Dirt

Finished the eyes and started the hair on the ranger. I put the base coat on her hair and started the first round of highlights. I used a very dark brown as the base for her hair, which will stand in for black. A common recommendation for black hair is to highlight it with blue. Well, my dog has black hair, and sure enough, during the day the highlights go to blue. But that's under a blue sky, and she's in the deep forest. So, I'm using a gray-ish green instead. We'll see how that works out.



And, the base. I used some weathering powders to add some variation to the 'dirt' part of the base. A lot of this will end up covered with other stuff. I need to cover the powder with some sealer to set it and keep it rubbing off on everything as I keep working on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment