Sunday, January 4, 2015

Airbrush Interlude: Large Spiders

Pulled out my airbrush today, which has been neglected these last few months. I used it to put a base coat on a couple of Bones I large spiders. These will be for gaming quality.


Usually with natural(ish) creatures I like to work from images of actual critters as inspiration, if not as an actual target look. But most of the pictures I was finding for spiders were some variety of brown. Maybe black, but mostly brown. I didn't really feel like doing another batch of brown spiders, so I went with something not at all natural.

This is the same very dark blue I used on the Shadow. I'm going to highlight the legs and head in bright blue, and use bright green on the mandibles. I'll also blend in some bright green on the edges of the body plates there. I'd originally thought about doing that with the airbrush, but these guys aren't quite big enough for me to be able to do that. I might make those bright blue highlights pretty wide so the thing reads more as blue and less as black.

Also put a coat of brown paint on the base, cut out the slot, and glued the figure in to it.


She'll go on the back burner for now, since I've got other stuff farther along to get finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment