Monday, February 3, 2014

Variety

Alright, after a while away...I really need to get back to it. I have some things I need to get done by a deadline.

There are blood vestal pictures at the bottom of this post.

First...Marines. These are from Reaper Bones I, and they're going to be PCs in a Savage Worlds game I'll be running the first weekend in April. They're going to be quick jobs, table top quality only. So far, I have learned that it's time to retire my old Ral Partha flesh paint. I've had it since I started painting, and it's been a great color for low effort caucasian skin. This stuff  followed by a GW flesh wash, and you're good to go. Sadly, the paint has now gotten gritty, so it won't make a smooth base coat anymore.


I've also started a piece I'm doing for a friend. This is Stillwater, Zombie Survivor. I'm using the RMS Bronzed Skin Triad as a starting point for his skin.


And lastly, I went back and re-lined the blood vestal with a darker color. One of the comments I've been getting on the vestals is that they need darker lining between the skin and the armor. So, here's an attempt along those lines. I think I missed the area on the back of her left leg, though, so I'll have to go back to that. Also need to do a fair bit of clean up.



No comments:

Post a Comment