Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Karick's arm and base

I put Karick's arm on and finished the metals. Put color on the lightsaber, but didn't get to the OSL - I had to give the glue some time to set, so I worked on other things while that was happening.



One of the things I worked on was Karick's base. I debated on what color to make the stone, and thought maybe an alabaster. That's how I base coated it, but upon further reflection I'm not sure having a light colored base will be a good idea - it might draw the eye down to the base instead of to the figure. On the other hand, I'm not sure about making it gray stone - he's already got an awful lot of gray. So I'm not sure. I'm going to have to think about it a bit more.


Oh, and I think that's meant to be parchment on the top step. Really, really big parchment.

No comments:

Post a Comment