Sunday, December 15, 2013

126!

Finished the spiders. They're not great but will do fine in the 1st level dungeon of choice.2 more left that I'll probably zip through just like these.I'm not super fond of the sculpt; I like the idea but in practice it's kind of hard to see what it's supposed to be a pile of. I suppose if you are much more particular about how you paint them you can make that less of an issue.


And I worked more on the shadow demon today. Spent a while futzing with his skin before realizing that I wasn't really gaining anything by doing that - I was just making more work for myself because everywhere I tried to smooth something, or wake the highlight s little wider/narrower, I'd mess up and then have to fix just to get it back where it was. Doh...I do need to put a highlight on the bottom edge of his belly button, though.

So I moved on to his hair, horns, and gave him eyes. Also put a base coat on his tunic.I like the tone of the cloth but think there's not quite enough contrast against the skin. I'll lighten it up by using that base color as it's shadow and bringing the whole thing up lighter, and I think that will help. The hair is light blue, same as the highlight colors in his skin. It's blown out in the photos, but I'm pretty happy with it.



I'm also starting to think about what I'm going to do with those bracers. They look like they should be metal, but I'm not sold on that yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment